Eating Healthier. Living Longer. This is not just a tagline. This is a commitment for me. Since I’m trying to get back to a healthier version of myself, I have decided to eat nutritious foods and to workout several times a week.
Friday my grandson and I went to one of my favorite restaurants and we had the most delicious meal. It was nutritious and tasty. I had Honey Dipped Chicken along with a salad and a small serving of sweet potatoes. This was the first time I’ve tried this dish. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to prepare the dish for today’s dinner.
Here is my version. I tweaked a recipe I found online.
- Chicken drumsticks or chicken breasts
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp of Paprika (optional)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter(16 oz)
- One fourth cup of honey
- One fourth cup of lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter. Add honey and lemon juice to melted butter.
- Place chicken pieces in bag to coat with flour mixture. Remove and place chicken in baking dish.
- Pour half of butter and honey mixture over chicken and cook inside oven for about 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and pour the remaining mixture over chicken and cook for about another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with a nice salad.